Unity Insider Forum

Canvas gets invisble after scene changing

jkManuel

Hello, I have a "Casual Ball" Game with 2 scenes, once the Menu and the Game. So if I start the Game in the Game Scene I have a Pause Button in the top right corner, the Button is in a UI canvas. But if I start the Game in the "Menu Scene" and I hit the play button it gets me to the "Game Scene" and I can play but the Pause Button isn't there, the whole canvas isn't in the Hierarchy. The same the other way around (little different), if I am in the "Game Scene" and hit the Pause button and then the Menu button, I get to the "Menu Scene" but there I have to set the Buttons inside the canvas to visible.

I hope you can understand it my english isnt the best.

Things like these don't happen randomly - you must have some Code somewhere that's messing around here. Something with DonDestroyOnLoad or a (pseudo-)singleton pattern somewhere. Try to reduce the issue to the smallest amount of code (perhaps by copying the project and deleting objects or scripts until the problem goes away), then check what caused it.