Unity Insider Forum

Connection to Quest 3

Hi, I have a question. I want to use a network protocol to later transfer data from a microcontroller to a Quest 3. When I test everything locally, with the Unity development environment and a Python server running on my laptop, everything works. I've tried WebSocket, TCP, and UDP. However, when I don't do it locally, it doesn't work. I've turned off the firewall. In Unity, I changed the IP for the client. In Unity's Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> In the Android Tab - Configuration -> Internet Access, I've set it to Require. And in Publishing Settings -> Custom Main Manifest, I added these lines in the Manifest: "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />". Can someone help me?

vor 24 Minuten schrieb schlieri:

Hi, I have a question. I want to use a network protocol to later transfer data from a microcontroller to a Quest 3. When I test everything locally, with the Unity development environment and a Python server running on my laptop, everything works. I've tried WebSocket, TCP, and UDP. However, when I don't do it locally, it doesn't work. I've turned off the firewall. In Unity, I changed the IP for the client. In Unity's Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> In the Android Tab - Configuration -> Internet Access, I've set it to Require. And in Publishing Settings -> Custom Main Manifest, I added these lines in the Manifest: "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />". Can someone help me?

These are the steps:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37493936/android-internet-permission-in-unity